Just one step from the dream to reality…
The chain restaurant sector is a fascinating one with an increasingly demanding clientele. To satisfy your customers, your personality must be expressed through self-fulfilment and self-assertion.
Beyond the compulsory operating licence, you are not required by law to have any specific qualifications to open and manage your own restaurant. As a result, half of the restaurants in France close their doors before the end of their third business year. This is often due to a lack of competency in management techniques and the tricks of the catering trade.
This observation led us to propose specialist learning modules that impart both entrepreneurial expertise and the techniques of applied management.
The Starting-up & Managing Your Own Restaurant learning module leads to a qualification that’s eligible for funding by your CPF (personal training quota under French law).
This programme leads to a level II professional qualification (NSF specialisation code 221) Business and Restaurant Owner, as registered in the Registre National de la Certification Professionnelle by the French Ministerial Decree of 27 December 2018 and published in the Journal Officiel de la République Française on 4 January 2019.
Chef instructor at the Institut Paul Bocuse
“The Starting-up & Managing Your Own Restaurant programme combines managerial expertise and specialist techniques that ensure the durability of your entrepreneurial project.”
Duration: 16 weeks Full programme: 521 hours Entrepreneurship module: 245 hours
Dates: from 23th August to 22 December 2021
Number of participants: 10 to 14
Full programme*: €16,674 including VAT
Entrepreneurship module*: €9,990 including VAT
Command of the business creation process
- Build or enrich your business creation or takeover project
- Prepare the key steps for your opening: administrative procedures, regulations relating to buildings that open to the public, approvals and licencing
Operational launch of the business project
- Identification of production needs and rationalisation of tools
- Competency in management techniques is essential to the exploitation of any type of restaurant
- Understand food hygiene and good practices in chain restaurants
- Interpretation of rules, service and French know-how
Winning and retaining customers
- Identification of the market and implementation of an effective marketing approach
- Marketing strategies, winning and retaining customers
- Digital communication and social media
Driving and analysing the restaurant’s performance in human and business terms
- Management tools to ensure the durability of your restaurant
- Good management techniques to recruit, mobilise and develop your team
- Awareness of good sustainable development practices to become a sustainable restaurateur
*When funded by a third party under an official scheme, the full programme costs €14,895 excluding VAT and the entrepreneurship module €9,250 excluding VAT (handling fees included).
This career retraining programme is designed for managers and employees from the services sector or industrial companies as well as independent specialists, artisans, retailers and more generally anyone with entrepreneurial ambitions in the hospitality industry.
It is also destined for hospitality specialists keen to create their own business or to take over an existing one.
Programme provided in French only.
To adapt to the experience and profile of each participant, this intensive qualification programme comes in two tailored packages:
- Full programme.
- Entrepreneurship and management module only.
Entrepreneurship and management learning module
245 hours of theory
- Construction of the restaurant business creation or takeover project: market study, management fundamentals and business plan.
- Marketing, the restaurateur’s performance lever: analysis of key success factors, defining an offer and advertising.
- Organisation and equipment: kitchen facilities and layout.
- Regulations relating to buildings that open to the public.
- Human resources management.
- Sustainable development and responsible restaurant management.
- F&B management.
Culinary arts & Food service techniques learning module
276 hours of applied learning
- Cuisine fundamentals: basic techniques.
- Introduction to pastry.
- Food hygiene in chain restaurants.
- Basics of the art of hospitality.
- Real-world situations.
Our learning programme meets the needs of a sector in full evolution. The forward-looking Institut Paul Bocuse has chosen to combine its expertise with that of two key partners who each shed their essential light on the projects of our programme participants:
- Chambre de Commerce et de l’Industrie continuing education centre – CCI Formation Lyon for its expertise in business creation and takeover.
- Union des Métiers et des Industries de l’Hôtellerie – UMIH FORMATION for its legal and regulatory expertise in relation to the opening of a restaurant.
This union of three specialist institutions places pedagogical excellence, tailored coaching and competency development solutions within your reach.
Enjoy a unique gourmet experience
During your learning programme, Institut Paul Bocuse proposes:
- A dinner at Paul Bocuse’s restaurant (2 Michelin stars) in Collonges-au-Mont-d’Or
- A dinner at Saisons, the gastronomic restaurant of Institut Paul Bocuse (1 Michelin star) in Ecully.