Rediscover the refinement and treasures of a Mediterranean cuisine that is renowned for its rich colours and flavours. Put some sunshine into your dishes and a bit of the French Riviera in your cooking! Develop your cooking techniques and methods, discover new recipes using only the best Mediterranean produce.
This course will give you techniques for cooking at correct temperatures, allowing you to bring out the best in Mediterranean produce and ingredients. We’ll also share tips with you on how to put the final touch to your dishes using contemporary food plating techniques.
Duration: 5 days - 35 hours
Dates: from 14 to 18 October 2019
Number of participants: 8 to 10
Requirements: Experience in the world of culinary arts
Command of the fundamentals of French cuisine
Price: €1,992 including VAT / €1,660 excluding VAT
- Achieve a light and colorful cuisine, work the balance flavors
- Make land and sea associations on your plates from emblematic products of the Mediterranean region
- Create fresh and risottos pasta, techniques and dressings of the Italian food
This programme is designed for kitchen managers, chefs, line chefs, and commis chefs.
Programme provided in French only.
- Theoretical contributions and applied technology on the fundamentals of Mediterranean cuisine and emblematic products of Mediterranean cuisine and the Mediterranean region (artichokes, eggplant, olives…).
- Preliminary preparations: make consommés, broth, juice and bottoms.
- Preparation techniques and cooking adapted to meat, fish, shellfish and vegetables (Tajines, sardines, langoustines, sea bass, bluefin tuna, lamb, Iberian pork…).
- From spices and olive oil: work on seasonings, taste, flavors.
- Make and cook fresh pasta, gnocchi.
- The techniques and tricks of the risottos.
- Make different dressages from the most classic to the most modern.
- Tasting and analysis of the organoleptic properties of each recipe made every day.