The Cuisine & Culture program combines the learning of culinary techniques with knowledge of the products from our “terroir”.
A unique immersion in our French gastronomic heritage, accessible for everyone, under the watchful eye of true professionals.
This program is provided by the École de Cuisine Gourmets by Institut Paul Bocuse.
Culinary Chef at Institut Paul Bocuse
“Cuisine & Culture is a comprehensive program that allows you to discover both traditional and modern French techniques.
Participants find themselves immersed in stimulating as well as nurturing environments where dedicated professional chef-instructors pass on their skills"
Duration: 5 weeks - 175 hours
Dates: from April 25th to June 3rd 2022
Number of participants: 8 to 10
Price: €7550 including VAT
Price: €6291.67 excluding VAT
- Acquisition of the cuisine fundamentals through different culinary techniques
- Competency in basic pastry and baking
This programme is designed for adults with a passion for the culinary arts.
Programme provided in English only.
- Basic culinary techniques and practices: sizing of vegetables, broths, juices
and liaisons, eggs, soups and stews
- Classification, cutting, types of cooking, presentations for meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
Pastry & BAKING CLASSES
- Pastry making : the great classics of french pastry and contemporary
desserts ( tarts, cakes, choux pastry, macaroons…)
- Breakfast pastries : during one day, discover the basics of the famous
french breakfast pastries (croissants, chocolate-buns, raisin roll…)
Enjoy a unique gourmet experience
During your learning programme, Institut Paul Bocuse proposes:
- A dinner at Paul Bocuse’s restaurant (2 Michelin stars) in Collonges-au-Mont-d’Or
- A dinner at Saisons, the gastronomic restaurant of Institut Paul Bocuse (1 Michelin star) in Ecully.
- A dinner at Daniel & Denise, a traditional Bouchon Lyonnais
- A dinner in a fashionable star Michelin restaurant of Lyon
- A wine tasting of “Grands Crus”