With a specific focus on produce and cooking skills, this course will give you a unique insight into the classic French dishes.
Using only the best quality traditional ingredients, we’ll introduce you to the world-famous recipes that have been at the heart of authentic French cuisine for generations.
At the end of a course that blends tradition with contemporary aspects, you’ll be ready to put into practice the essentials of world-renowned French cooking with your own innovative touch.
Duration: 5 days - 35 hours
Dates: from 25 to 29 November 2019
Number of participants: 8 to 10
Requirements: Experience in the world of culinary arts
Price*: €2,175 including VAT / €1,813 excluding VAT
- Perform preliminary techniques on fish, molluscs, crustaceans and meats
- Make culinary preparations from a selection of products
- Achieve different cooking modes adapted to quality products
- Being able to know how to analyse flavors, cooking, seasonings
* If you combine the Authentic French cuisine and Contemporary cuisine programmes, the total cost is €4,050 including VAT.
This competency development programme is designed for kitchen managers, chefs, line chefs, and commis chefs.
Programme provided in English.
- A week centered around the major product families and fundamental techniques.
- Recipes and techniques of mythical appetiser.
- Work around raw and cooked foie gras, cold and hot – garnishes, side dishes and condiments.
- The truffle soup, duck pie Roanne, soufflé…
- Cooking around the great classics of French gastronomy around fish, shellfish: roasting, cooking at right temperature, braising, poaching Red mullet, crayfish, pike, salmon, scallops…
- Implementation of sauces (Armorican, Nantes butter…).
- Dressage and presentation technique.
- Classic trimmings