With a specific focus on produce and cooking skills, this course will give you a unique insight into the classic French dishes.
Using only the best quality traditional ingredients, we’ll introduce you to the world-famous recipes that have been at the heart of authentic French cuisine for generations.
At the end of a course that blends tradition with contemporary aspects, you’ll be ready to put into practice the essentials of world-renowned French cooking with your own innovative touch.
Head Chef, Instructor & Consultant at Institut Paul Bocuse
Duration: 5 days-35 hours
Dates: Contact us
Number of participants: 6 to 10
Requirements: Experience in the world of culinary arts
Price: €1,992 including VAT / €1,660 excluding VAT
- Perform preliminary techniques on fish, molluscs, crustaceans and meats
- Make culinary preparations from a selection of products
- Achieve different cooking modes adapted to quality products
- Being able to know how to analyse flavors, cooking, seasonings
This competency development programme is designed for kitchen managers, chefs, line chefs, and commis chefs.
Programme provided in French only.
- A week centered around the major product families and fundamental techniques
- Recipes and techniques of mythical appetiser
- Work around raw and cooked foie gras, cold and hot – garnishes, side dishes and condiments
- The truffle soup, duck pie Roanne, soufflé…
- Cooking around the great classics of French gastronomy around fish, shellfish: roasting, cooking at right temperature, braising, poaching Red mullet, crayfish, pike, salmon, scallops…
- Implementation of sauces (Armorican, Nantes butter…)
- Dressage and presentation technique
- Classic trimmings