Promoting wine in a restaurant to increase the average cost of meals is an important profitability lever.
The module on wine expertise for restaurants provides you with the essentials of sommellerie to ensure your clients a good-quality wine service.
By the end of the programme your wine literacy will include how to serve it and how to deliver the pitch that sells it.
Duration: 6 x 3-hour sessions - 18 hours in total
Dates: October 15 - October 22 - October 29 - November 5 - November 12 - November 19 2019
Number of participants: 8 to 10
Requirements: Experience in wine or catering
Price: €940 including VAT / €784 excluding VAT
- Wine knowledge and basic tasting techniques
- The rules of promoting and selling wine
- Serving wine by the glass
This programme is designed for restaurant waiters and those in charge of promoting and selling wines.
Programme provided in French only.
- Wine knowledge and basic tasting techniques.
- The vine and the terroir to enhance wine presentation.
- Specific wine-making methods.
- Different types of wine, how to serve them and match them with dishes.
- Wine ageing process and specific techniques.
- Wine vocabulary to convince the customer.
- The modern practice of serving wine by the glass.
- Designing wine information sheets.
- Wine ratios and profit margins at the restaurant.
A learning programme created and dispensed by Laurent Derhé, Meilleur ouvrier de France 2011, in association with Institut Paul Bocuse.